I am writing to you about the distribution of communion in cars that I would like to take place this Sunday, May 24. I think it is very necessary to lay down some ground rules to ensure that it is done in as orderly a process as possible. Any changes will be communicated via email and the Facebook page. So, if you would like to be added to the parish email list, please contact me at email@example.com. Our parish Facebook page can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/ HolyInnocentsNeptune
First, here are some basic instructions:
- Please come to our parking lot at the end of Mass or already be there by 11 am if you would like to watch the Mass on your mobile device. Please park as close to the church as possible but not in the handicapped spots in the circular driveway in front of the church.
- When Mass is over, I will turn off the camera and come out to distribute communion to the cars.
- We will have volunteers directing cars to approach the circle row by row. Please enter the driveway further from the Church (the driveway in on the right, front of the school building) so that cars can approach the church one by one to receive communion.
- When it is time to receive communion, please remove your mask and don’t reach. We will approach you. I will have a Deacon assisting me so that we can be on both sides of the car.
- After you receive, please drive elsewhere and make your prayer of thanksgiving.
- You may still watch Mass at home and then come to church, but please be aware that you may have to wait in line or if you are too late we might be done distributing communion.
- We begin our Livestream Mass at 11 am and it is usually over by about 11:50 am. So, please be in the parking lot at about that time.
Second, here are some rules that MUST be followed:
- If there is any rain or other extreme weather, then please assume that we will not be distributing communion.
- Please only come to the circle when directed. No cutting in line or being aggressive.
- Please receive in as reverent a manner as possible. I know this can be challenging.
- Please watch our livestream Mass or another broadcasted Mass before receiving communion so that you can be properly disposed to the sacrament.
All of this is brand new and experimental to all of us. So, please bear with us as we strive to do this in the best way we can. The Holy Eucharist is the greatest gift God could give us and it summarizes the whole faith. My intentions are for people to return to the sacraments again in the safest way possible according to the will of the Bishop. But if we cannot do it in a safe and holy manner, then we simply cannot do it. So, please be patient and cooperative in this process.