I know that many of you like to go to confession during the Advent season. I greatly encourage this since we all ought to be going to confession at least once a year and many people encourage confession even more frequently. So, in order to help you go to confession, here is a list of times some of our local parishes have confessions. Though, you may want to check their websites in case there are any changes.
Local Advent Confession schedule:
- Here at Holy Innocents Church, we have our normal confession times at 2:30-3:30 on Saturdays. But also there will be confession available on Thursday, December 16th from 6 pm to 7 pm. I am also available by appointment.
- At St. Denis in Manasquan, they will hear confessions on December 20th and 21st from Noon-1 pm and 6 pm-7 pm.
- At St. Mark’s in Sea Girt, confession will be available every Saturday from 3:30 to 4:15 pm and on Thursdays after the 7:30 am and 11 am Masses.
- At St. Rose in Belmar, they will have confession every Saturday afternoon from 4 pm to 4:50 pm and every Monday during Advent they will have confessions from 7 to 7:45 pm, during the weekly Holy Hour.
Also, here is our Christmas Mass schedule.
- Christmas Eve: Friday December 24th, we will have Mass at 4 pm, 6 pm and Midnight.
- Christmas Day: Saturday we will have Masses at 8 am, 10 am and 12 Noon.
- There is no 4 pm Saturday Vigil Mass on Christmas Day for Sunday December 26th.
We will also have our parish Feast Day (Solemnity of the Holy Innocents) on Tuesday December 28th with our normal 9 am weekday Mass and 7 pm Traditional Latin Mass with Gregorian chant. Feel free to come out and celebrate.
Lastly, January 1st Solemnity of the Mother of God is not a Holy Day of Obligation this year because it falls on a Saturday. So, there are no additional masses on the schedule for that day. We will be having our normal 9 am Mass which, since it is a first Saturday will be a Traditional Latin Mass. The Sunday schedule will be normal.
Fr. CarterWeek off