I just have a couple of topics I want to bring up to you today:
- I have a new set up for live streaming Mass for people who cannot come to church. I can now transmit the audio directly into the device that I am filming with. So, if you see a strange device on a music stand in the middle of Church one Sunday, please do not be too surprised. Also, please do not sit directly in front of this streaming device.
- If you would like to tune in to a live Mass or see any of the other Masses I recorded, go to the video section of our Facebook page:
- As we approach Christmas holy day, I was thinking about how to best manage the crowds that sometimes come to those Masses. I want people to be safe, not have to worry about overcrowding, and not have to worry about being turned away at the door. Here is my idea: have an online registration system for at least the 4 pm Christmas Eve Mass since that one tends to be the only one that is really over-filled. That way, people can be sure about whether they get a seat and we can be sure not to turn people away at the door. This requires that people who plan to attend actually register ahead of time. So, I would like to hear some feedback if you think it would work or if you have any better solutions. I am also thinking about having a 2 pm Mass since the Bishop is allowing us to have a Vigil Mass that early as well. If you have any opinion on either of these ideas, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.
- Thank you to everyone who encouraged me after my homily last week. It is always a little stressful to talk about something controversial. I hope I made my point with all due charity and respect and that I helped people deal with all the confusion that is out there.
- The parish bulletin can be found on our website here:
Lastly, please remember to vote this upcoming election. As Catholics, we are all obliged to have our voices heard and to vote according to our values. If we do not vote, then we are losing the opportunity to have our values influence the world.
God bless, and happy Sunday!