It came to my attention this past week that we need some help around the church. I know that many people do not want to come out because they fear Covid and still others are not physically well enough to do so. But, if you feel of able body and have time during the weekdays, you may consider helping in any of the following ways. We needsacristanswho help clean the vessels after all the Sunday Masses. Especially the 8 am Mass needs a main sacristan and all the Masses need back-up people for help. We need help cleaning the Church in November, March and July in order to prepare for Christmas, Easter and Summer.
- We need people to help decorate for Christmas and Easter.
- We need adorers for Thursdays (10 am to 9 pm) and First Fridays (10 am to 2 pm). We have been getting by with only one person dedicated per hour and I know some people show up for adoration without an assigned hour. But, we really ought to have two people and a back-up. So, especially if you know you come to a regular time for adoration, please let us know.
- We also need people to help clean the church basement in the Fall.
- We also could use a couple Consolation Ministers to help families prepare for funerals.
If you have interest in helping the church in any of these ways, please reach out. In no particular order, I also have the following announcements:
- We will have Rosary in the Church every day ex- cept Sunday at 8:30 am.
- We will also have Rosary online as a conference call at 9 am. (Please see the advertisement printed in the bulletin)
- We will have a Sunday Traditional Latin Mass at 3 pm on September 20th. Next week, I will write about my thoughts on why I am doing this at this time.
Above all, even if you cannot do anything else, keep praying for our Church and our nation.